Fast facts on Endocrinology:
- Endocrinology involves a wide range of systems within the human body.
- The endocrine tissues include the adrenal gland, hypothalamus, ovaries, and testes.
- There are three broad groups of endocrine disorders.
- Polycystic ovary syndrome is the most common endocrine disorder in women.
The department of General Medicine deals with the prevention, diagnosis and non-surgical treatment of various diseases. It serves as the first point of contact whenever a patient visits the hospital. A general physician conducts a physical examination of the patient and then recommends necessary tests and diagnostic procedures. The results of these tests, the general physical examination, and symptoms are then correlated to arrive at a final diagnosis. Depending on the final diagnosis, the general physician gives the necessary treatment (usually medication) to the patient or refers to a specialty department for further treatment. The department of general medicine at Shri Mangalmurti Hospital is favored by a multitude of people owing to the fact that is a convenient one-stop solution. Add to this, the presence of talented specialists, modern diagnostic services and a 24-hour pharmacy go on to make this the all-around solution that patients seek.
- A1C Test for Diabetes
- Cholesterol test
- Glucose challenge test
- Glucose tolerance test
- Hyperbaric oxygen therapy